Thursday, February 24, 2011

Aunty Bre's Peanut Butter cookies

My Sister Bre-Anne, who lives 3,000 miles from me, makes the best peanut butter cookies in the world, my son Nicholas dreams of them, I try to make the same ones as her from her recipe and mine are never as good as hers she swears  it is the same recipe but hers always taste better. So when we are not together and the boys want the cookies I make them,from her recipe, mine are a close second. She swears it is the same recipe but I think the secret is she rolls hers in her hand and I scoop my cookies with a cookie scoop so try it both ways and see what you think.

Aunty Bre's Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup of margarine
1 cup of peanut butter
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups of flour
* 1/2 cup of chocolate chips

Combine the margarine and the peanut butter add the sugars, beat in eggs, add soda and 2 cups of flour. Mix well. If you are a chocolate peanut butter fan add chocolate chips. Roll or Scoop the cookie dough on to two cookie sheets. Flatten with a fork or your hand (my sister uses her hand I use the fork) Bake at 350 FOR ONLY 8 minutes, pull out of the oven at 8 minutes and let cool 5 more minutes on the cookie sheet before removing and placing in your mouth or on a plate.

Please note if you or someone you know has a peanut allergy my heart goes out to you. I do not let the kids take these to school and we only eat them at home. These are the best cookies I have ever had.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so send me an email or leave a comment!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment