Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No sew throw, a blanket for your 18 inch doll total cost $1.25

In keeping with not only my doll theme posts but also great dollar store finds I thought I would post this easy and fun no sew throw, you can make one adult or kid sized using the same method but this one is just for the dolls.
All you need is a fleece baby blanket from the dollar store, mine was $1.25 and it measured 28 inches by 28 inches (71.1 cm X 71.1cm) a pair of scissors and a ruler, (in the photo I have my paper slicer ruler because my ruler is missing in action) If you can use scissors and know how to tie a knot this is a great and easy under 20 minute craft.
Method
First fold the blanket in half, then use the ruler and measure up 6 inches and cut a strait line across save this piece to do another craft with on another day, try to make the hand sew skirt with it or make a small pillow to go with the blanket .
Next on each corner measure 2 inches up and across you will be cutting out a 2inch by 2 inch square repeat on all four corners (see the photo if you are confused) once that is complete measure and cut 2 inch by 1 inch strips and make snips in the fabric all the way around the blanket (again see photo if confused) once you have cut all the way around the blanket start knotting the strips, take one strip and tie it to the one underneath it and repeat all the way around the blanket and you are done, simple easy and fun. I picked a blanket that was less "baby" then the other patterns but there are some really cute patterns at the dollar store in the baby section.If you have any questions just let me know leave a comment or email me! karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a great idea! We have a week-long Cousin Camp every summer (9 cousins, 5 of which are girls), and this is a perfect girl's craft for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Christa! I hope they will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete