Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Special Occasion Cookies

I used to love making sugar cookie cut outs and decorating them for the holidays but really who has the time, it is easier to buy them, but every now and then you want to make some but you do not want all the mess, with the rolling and cutting and repeat...so here is what I started doing. Making my sugar cookie recipe, scooping out balls and placing them on a cookie sheet, then with a small bowl of sugar and a glass I flatten the cookies, bake and ice. They may not look as great as the cut outs but the home made taste is there and I still decorated them but not with the detail I used too...
Here is the recipe I use but really any good sugar cookie recipe will do.

1 cup of sugar ( you will need 1/8th of a cup more for the flattening of the cookies)
3/4 cup of margarine
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
3 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

Mix the sugar, margarine, egg and milk together add vanilla and baking powder then the flour. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Spray the bottom of a drinking glass with PAM cooking spray and dip it in the sugar flatten the first cookie, then dip the glass into more sugar and repeat until you have flattened all the cookies bake at 400 F for 6-8 minutes cool and ice and decorate as you would like. They are not bad plain actually.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment