Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How to make a Doll MP3 Player

How about making an MP3 player for your doll. In the great craft book from American Girl called Doll Play they show a photo of an MP3 player, but they do not give the exact measurements so I made a few to see if I could get it right here is how I did it. I am an impatient crafter so I used a glue gun but white glue works just fine. You need two colors of craft foam, make one of them white for the screen. Glue, 18 inches of ribbon or cord, silver colored tape or stickers to make the buttons, I used ductape, a ruler and scissors.
I first measured the color for the MP3 Player,I measured and cut  a rectangle that was 1 1/2 inches wide and 2 inches high. CUT TWO of these, one for the front and one for the back.For the screen measure and cut out one rectangle of 3/4 of an inch wide and 1 1/4 inch high. Out of Stickers or silver colored ductape I cut out two small triangles for buttons. Next I measured the ribbon/cord to twenty inches (fold in half so each will be 10 inches long) and made sure I had two matching Pony beads to be the "ear buds". then I glued the white triangle to the front of one of the larger triangles and added the buttons. I then turned it over and put glue in the top left corner and attached the ribbon/cord  leaving the open ends out, then I covered the back with glue and placed the remaining rectangle on top and let the glue dry. Next I put one bead on each ribbon, tied a knot at the top of the ribbon/cord and filled the gaps in the bead with glue and let dry. Once it is dry it is perfect for your doll to enjoy some music! This is a great craft for a sleep over, loot bag or quick rainy/snow day/spring break. As always I would love to hear from you so email me at karenmowen@gmail.com or leave a comment here!

No comments:

Post a Comment