Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How to make your doll Chocolate Chip Cookies

The very first food item I made for my dolls and my nieces was Chocolate chip cookies. I love Chocolate Chip cookies. These are so easy to make. You need two colors of oven bake polymer clay which you can get at any craft store.  Almost of the time I get mine at Micheal's the craft store where I live when it goes on sale for $1.29. For the cookies get a dark brown and a light brown. Out of the clay brick you will get about 12 cookies that are the same size as a quarter.Always work over wax paper. You will need only a tiny amount of the dark brown, which you can save to make brownies or chocolate bars for your doll later! First work the dough which is quite thick when you begin, then make 12 of the same size light brown balls (you can make your cookies bigger  then a quarter but you will not get 12). Next flatten the cookies with your fingers until they are quite thin. If you do not like your thumb print on the dough you can use a small piece of wax paper between your thumb and the dough ball. Next roll very tiny balls of the dark chocolate to make the chocolate chips, you can make bigger ones as chunks or small specks for chips. Lightly press them to the flattened "cookie round" and then bake them in the oven according to the directions on the clay. Let them cool and keep them away from small siblings who may want to put them in their mouth!
 Then let your doll enjoy! As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Christina @ OurcustomboutiqueApril 7, 2011 at 4:28 PM

    Sounds fun going to try these this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete