Sunday, March 27, 2011

Make felt tea bags for your next tea party

I saw some great tea bags on Etsy and Google Images of tea bags for tea parties and thought I would like to try making my own for dolls tea parties.


Here is how I made mine with scrap felt and yarn. These are hand sewn and easy to make. To make a tea bag you need to have white, tan or cream felt peices cut 4 1/2 inches long and one inch wide, and two pieces of colored felt for the "tea tag" cut in one inch squares. I also used a red heart that I cut out free hand but you can use what ever your want. you also need 3 inches of yarn, a needle and thread. Cut a point at the top of the white strip of felt that will become the tea bag. Next fold the tea bag and stitch all the way around. then through the top of the felt sew the Yarn into place. Next make the tea tag, attach the heart shape if you want one to one piece of the colored felt, then sew the felt together all the way around when complete ad and tie off the yarn and your tea bag is ready to play with.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com
Up Cycle some Starbucks tea cups for your next tea party and let your doll have the Starbucks Experience

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a great idea! I painted an AG size tea set,but I'm not finished:(. That would be a great idea for when I have tea parties!;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hat and sweater tutorial, please?

    ReplyDelete