Monday, March 14, 2011

Make a Hospital Gown and casts to make her doll feel better

Make a Hospital Gown and Casts for your doll. 

My friends daughter is going in for surgery in the next few weeks and I wanted to make her doll something special. My friends daughter will be having both legs in casts post surgery so I have made her two casts and a hospital gown, which I am thrilled to say I made with out a pattern and totally on my own. To make the pattern for the hospital gown I hand drew the pattern, it measured 10 1/2 inches long and 6 3/4 inches at the sleeve. I then cut it out an placed it on folded fabric. I cut two out on the fold. Making one as the front and one for the back. For the back I cut along the folded line. Next I lined up my cut pieces with right sides together and stitched the shoulder parts from top to neck on both sides. then I sewed a  finishing seam for the sleeves. Next I attached double sided bias tape to the neck line. Leaving 10 inches on each side for the ties and sew bias tape to neck line. Next sew the side seams back seams and finish the bottom. You can also add some velcro at the back to keep the gown closed.
For the casts I used white craft felt and sewed long socks for the doll and cut out the toe area.

I really hope my friends daughter has a speedy recovery and that she likes the outfit I have made for her doll.
As with all my comments please leave me a comment here or email your questions to karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I finally had a chance to try this out ... Thanks for giving us great directions on how to draft our own pattern for the hospital gown. Mine came out great on the first try due to your great directions and pix. I made 8 of them in the past couple of days. Wow! Thanks again, Karen, for sharing your great ideas with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving this pattern !
    I love you ideas .

    ReplyDelete