Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Make a no sew pet bed for your dolls pet



I love all the pets that American girl offers, I do not yet have any (though the new dog Chocolate Chip is absolutely on my American Girl Doll wish list) I borrowed Maggie's dog Pepper so I could share this easy and fun craft with you.This is a great pet bed for your Webkinz too!This is a great craft you can do with out sewing, all you need is a doll pet, which can be any pet stuffy really, two pieces of fabric, A dinner plate and a pair of scissors. If you want a plump stuffed pet bed you will need some fiber fill or shredded paper. 
To make the pet bed, trace a large dinner plate on your fabric and cut out. Repeat on the second piece of fabric. Place both pieces of fabric with right sided facing out and use your scissors to cut two inch snip strips all the way around the circle. Once you have cut all the way around, start to tie back to front in knots.When you have about 5 left to tie, if you wish to stuff do it here and finish knotting, and your pet bed is done. Simple, easy, inexpensive and fun. As with all my posts I would love to hear what you think, please leave a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. My daughter and I have been making these for the animal rescue group we volunteer with. Fleece is best because it doesn't fray.

    ReplyDelete