Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Make your doll a hand sewn sleep mask

Make  your doll this adorable sleep mask and help her get her "beauty sleep". I made this sleep mask by first drawing my pattern which was the shape of a jelly bean. I hand drew one making the measurements 3.5 inches long and at the nose bend 1.5 inches. I made my original pattern only 3 inches wide but the .5 inch will make a little more wiggle room when sewing. I cut out two "Jelly bean"  shapes from fabric and 10 inches of thin elastic.
*Make sure your elastic is stretchy so that you do not harm your dolls eyes, you need to make sure to not make it too tight you want her eyes to move naturally. 
You can also create these sleep masks for your Webkinz stuffies as well . 
I then I hand stitched the mask with right sides out all the way around, tacking the elastic at the sides as I went. With my pink mask I added some dollar store lace trim. I also made masks out of dollar store felt. 
this is a very easy and fast craft that would make a great inexpensive addition to any  sleep over party or loot bag craft.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you, please leave me a comment or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. really cute, will add to my sleeping bags, thanks Karen, FRAN fnforiginals@sbcglobal.net

      Delete