Thursday, March 31, 2011

Make your doll's pet some adorable Dog biscuits!

One of my nieces Cadence, told me today that it is her dog Whopsie's Birthday. Actually ever since she got the dog at Target a few weeks ago it has been Whopsies Birthday, he is a Fur Real pet dog. She asked me to make Whopsie some dog biscuits as his birthday present. Cadence and her sisters live about 3,000 miles from me so I have made and sent them to her along with a birthday card for Whopsie. Here is how I made them, you can make the smaller version for any American Girl doll dog or make the larger ones or any other larger stuffed dogs you may have. I have put the measurements for both sizes of dog bone.
I used some tan or light brown felt, some brown thread and the trimmings from the felt bone to "stuff the bone with" I drew by hand the pattern and have photographed it and posted below.
I made 6 of the larger dog biscuits to send her so she can share with her twin sister  Hannah and older sister Trinity. I also made the smaller one to show with an American Girl doll dog.

Trace your pattern on to paper and then cut out. Trace your pattern on the felt and cut out two . Thread your needle and begin sewing, I started to sew at the middle and worked my way around, stuffing the bone with cut up scraps of the felt. then finished sewing all the way around. Knotting the thread when I was done. These are a very fast hand sewing craft, and it is easy to make a few out of dollar store felt.
I can not wait to see her on Skype when she gets the envelope of Dog biscuits.
Happy Birthday Whopsie!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment below or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh this so cute! my AG doll has pepper and she would love to make these for her dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Coconut! YAY! This is so great! Thanks! I know how to sew, i'll do this right away! yay!


    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete