Sunday, April 3, 2011

How to make your doll a bag from material scraps

In a previous post I showed how you can embellish an outfit with  flowers, and the photo I showed had a Easter Bag I had made. I had a follower ask for the pattern and I thought I would share it with you today. It is really easy to make your doll a bag with left over material scraps. In the photo above you can see two versions of this bag. You can hand stitch this or use a machine, I used a machine for this one.
Here is the pattern
I started with a scrap of material. I measured it 5 inches by 4 inches and cut two 6 inch strips of seam binding bias tape I had left over from another project. First Finish the top seam of the bag, next attach the bag handles. Repeat on both sides. Then place right sides together and stitch the bag together and turn right side out. Really very easy, fast and a great way to use up material scraps. You can also use ribbon for the handles.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com.
This is the first bag I had made from scrap material.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shared your blog on my facebook page-love your great doll crafts! Hope it helps you get some new members. Keep up the great work! My page is https://www.facebook.com/collegesavingsdolls

    ReplyDelete