Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/luscious-lemon-meringue-pie/8f991b88-55b0-4740-b12c-251958d663a6
Above is the photo and link to the best lemon pie recipe and one I make. Tomorrow April 10th, would have been my Grandfathers birthday, I believe he would have been 100. My own birthday is just a few weeks away. Every year for my birthday my mother would make me Lemon Pie. My younger sisters birthday is one week before mine and we were all sick of cake by then. This is the first year my mother will not make me a pie. My mother passed away in September sadly. I miss her terribly, I will however always have these favorite memories of my mother and the time we had together. My mother always made lemon pie from a box, the pastry and the filling.Tender flake pastry and Sheriff lemon pie if I remember correctly. It was always a laugh to see if the pie would set and be pie or lemon pudding. After cooking school my mom gave me Betty Crocker's 40th Anniversary cook book. I would make my mom lemon pie from this recipe above and she was always amazed at how it always set. I think of my mom every day and miss her,today I felt like making lemon pie as I have done so many times before and as I eat it enjoying every bit, I thought I would share it with you.
Tomorrow back to doll craft posts I promise! Lemon pie for your dolls!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment