Friday, April 22, 2011

Passion Tea Lemonade for you, your daughter and your doll

I love Starbucks passion tea lemonade. But if you are like me and you have more cravings then cash you can make your own Passion Tea Lemonade for pennies a glass. You can actually buy TAZO brand passion tea at Starbucks or your local grocery store. It is less expensive at your grocery store and you get more tea bags. You do get a really nice metal tin if you buy it at Starbucks and the bags are pretty but you do pay more. The tea is the same regardless so the choice is yours. To make Passion tea lemonade Starbucks uses brewed Passion tea that they steep and chill, lemonade and vanilla syrup. When I make it at home I use the same tea, steep and chill it the same way but I use Country time lemonade. I love Country time lemonade. You can use any kind you want but it is sweet enough that you do not need a vanilla or sugar syrup. So in my fridge you will find a jug of country time lemonade and a jug of passion tea. When I am ready for a glass I simply add ice to my glass and add equal amounts of tea and lemonade. I add a straw and stir. You can do the same, you may want to play with the amounts you add if you like your lemonade sweeter. So that is how to make it and serve it at home, at brunch or at a sophisticated lemonade stand.
But how about for my doll...

Well I do go to Starbucks more then I should and have found that the very nice people that work there will part with one of their sample Starbucks shot cups if you ask nicely. I recently was there and when I got my drink order I asked the cashier if I could please have one sample cup for my nieces doll for our "tea party" and they very happily agreed. Now you can use your imagination and fill the cup with just that or you can add colored dark pink tissue paper and a trim a straw to fit, taping it to the side and covering it with the tissue paper. Or you can add something more permanent like a resin, though I have not yet tried.  So at your next lunch,brunch or afternoon tea serve this wonderful beverage and remember to set a special place for your doll with her own Starbucks Passion tea lemonade.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment