Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A review of Springfield Dolls

I believe that everyone should have access to an 18 inch doll like American Girl dolls, the price however holds many people back from picking up these dolls for their daughters and friends. If you have an American Girl doll or an Maplelea Doll, you know that they are a great investment. If you are a parent however it is hard to justify the cost at first. When I started to buy these type of dolls for my nieces, I bought Laura a Springfield doll from Michael's, she originally had a different name then she is sold by now, she is now called Emma. I believe the doll was called Amanda a few years ago when I first purchased her. What drew me to this dolls first is the price, here in Canada they are $29.99 but with my Michael's coupon of 50% off these dolls are more affordable then any other 18 inch doll on the market here in Canada. Second, like the American girl doll they have a soft look to them, and teeth!
I also like their long brush-able hair. The doll hair on a Springfield doll is not  the same as that of an American Girl doll, however it should be treated the same way, lightly mist the hair before brushing with a wire wig brush.

* Dollar store gem* You can pick up wire pet brushes that work great for $1.25 at the dollar store.
Comparing AG dolls with Springfield dolls they are very similar in height and body however the legs on the Springfield doll are slightly longer and thinner.
The feet are almost the same size, with the Springfield dolls feet being very slightly thinner. You will notice that the hands on the Springfield doll is longer and larger then the American Girl doll, but the doll bracelets and anklets you can make with the directions on this blog will fit on either doll.

These dolls are a really great addition to any "doll family" and will make a great friend or starter doll for any girl. Michaels also sells very comparable shoes and accessories for these dolls and you can use your coupon for additional savings. They also sell clothes which are not as well made as American Girl Doll clothes but a very good buy!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so leave a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for comparing the two dolls. I have a Springfield doll that I just love. They are very close in size and the clothes of AG fit my Sofia. A great review.
    Keisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter has Marie Springfield collection doll and loves it. I love it too. My daughter is asking for another one this year for her birthday so we are going to get her one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also bought springfield dolls for my grandchildren, they
    love them but have not been too careful when it came to the
    hair. they are so matted that i may have to throw them out.
    can you help, what do i do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love these dolls but yes their hair can be a problem. I recommend for these dolls that you use the same type of brush you would use on a barbie, their hair is made of inexpensive saran just like barbie but less of it. Always work on the bottom first and work your way up. Use a spray bottle with conditioner, some people use fabric softener, I can help quite a bit, I have and do trim their hair as the saran frays. The newer dolls I am told have better quality hair. I still love these dolls even if they have quirky hair. Also I recommend to have their hair tied back or braided.

      Delete
  4. You can buy a spray on wig conditioner at any beauty supply store. A bottle will last forever.

    I use it when bruising my dolls hair. I have both the AG and Springfield dolls.

    ReplyDelete