Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Today is my birthday, I share it with my twin nieces Hannah and Cadence

Well today is my birthday and it is also my twin nieces Hannah and Cadences birthday. I flew to Montreal April 14th to do a doll themed birthday party with them and I wanted to share some of the party with you.
 Hannah and Cadence blowing out their candles the doll cupcakes are beside the girl sized cupcakes

In preparation for the doll party my sister Bre-Anne, invited 5 girls, and to make sure they all had an 18 inch doll my sister got each of the girls attending an 18 inch doll from Michaels the craft store. They were instructed to bring the dolls to the birthday party. Knowing this a few months in advance I went to work on the loot bags for the party.

I created 8 pink skirts, 8 tank tops, 8 hair bands that matched the skirts, 8 lolly pops, 8 cup cakes, 8 doll balloons and picked up 8 doll cell phones as well as made 8 beaded bracelets for each girl attendings doll. I also created 8 matching napkins and napkin rings for the dolls and picked up 3 sets of my favorite doll sized plates and cups at the dollar store so that each girl would have their own plate and cup to use at the party and leave with as well.. Such adorable place settings they made!
                                      The dolls had a great time while we crafted! LOL!
The doll craft we did for the party was the no sew throw from a previous post I did here on my blog. I saved time by picking up the blankets from the dollar store and pre-cutting them for each guest so that they could be easily tied by each girl and her helper.

Thanks to the moms and friends who stayed to help.
I had a wonderful time creating each of these items for such special girls and thanks to my Dad, my Husband Tyler and my sister and sister in law I was able to fly to Montreal for a girls get away and really enjoy myself.
This was such a great treat and a wonderful early birthday gift.

1 comment:

  1. It wasn't just a double, but a triple celebration. Awesome! Well, I didn't notice that your nieces were twins because Cadence's bigger than Hannah. Anyway, I just want to say that you're a very kind and sweet aunt to these twins. You made sure that they'll have a wonderful birthday celebration. I know that you're so grateful seeing how happy the girls were at that time.

    ReplyDelete