Sunday, May 29, 2011

A great lootbag craft idea I got from Dollarstorecrafts.com

A few months ago I found this amazing site called http://dollarstorecrafts.com/ .
I recommend it  highly! They had a post on how to make your own personal soap party favors. Oliver my middle son had a birthday party recently and this is a craft I made for his party loot bags. Even if you are not crafty you can do this. Now I know this is not exactly a doll craft so forgive me today for this however I will tell you how to make it doll themed shortly!
they are really so easy to make and I love how these turned out. Oliver is really into Mario brothers and games right now so I was thrilled when my sister Bre-Anne found these temporary tattoos at the party store near her. She mailed them out and I picked up soap at the dollar store 2 bars for $1.25 and the tattos where over $5 a package quite steep however you can pick your temporary tattoos fairly inexpensively in just about any theme.
To make the soaps, you apply the tattoo the way you would to skin, then when it has dried, wrap it in cling wrap. *** A tip I learned the hard way, the lighter the soap color the better the tattoo shows up!***
Now how to make it doll theme related.....
http://tattoofun.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=1&Category_Code=Tattoo-Inkjet-Paper&gclid=COPOh5WJ6agCFUgaQgodIEPCBw
The above is a site you can purchase ink jet printer tattoo paper, this means you can make your  own American Girl themed tattoos by getting this paper and cutting and pasting images of your dolls or google images of the dolls in a word document and formatting them  to the size you want and simply print, follow the instructions above and you will have your own doll themed or any theme for that matter soap.

I also made candy on a stick  to hand out at his party I bought 10 bags of candy at the dollar store and put one of each on the stick. They looked great and I think everyone was happy with them.
Oliver enjoying the candy stick after his birthday party!
The candy on a stick is a bamboo stick with ten pieces of candy on it, wrapped in plastic and tied with a twist tie. A big hit and great savings on loot bag candy, ten bags of candy made 20 candy stick treats.


As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment