Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Make your doll her own skipping rope! A recycled craft!


The other day I had to replace the laces in my sons shoe and I really did not like the idea of throwing it away. So I decided to make a doll sized skipping and thought I would share with you how to do it.
I used an old shoe lace and some pink yard. I also used two wooden beads I had on hand that looked like handles to me, you can use a drinking straw if you do not have beads you can use. I braided the shoe lace with pink yarn and taped both ends making my own "agglet". The tape makes it really easy to slide the string into the bead. Once throw knot on both ends and you have your own doll sized skipping rope. I used clear elastics to have my doll hold her skipping rope.
**If you are using a straw for the handles you need to have a very thin shoe lace.**
If you can find the beads ( I used wooden ones) you could easily do this as a birthday party craft for dolls.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment