Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Another great Etsy store! this one has fabulous clothes for 18 inch dolls and Bitty Twins!

Continuing with my series of featuring great sites on Etsy for American Girl doll items I came across this shop http://www.etsy.com/people/LinsBittyBoutique
Lin sells some truly adorable doll clothes in her shop. What first drew me to her store was the shoes! With most of the outfits Lin sells in her shop she includes matching shoes! To me that is a dream you can never have too many pairs of doll shoes! Once I was viewing her shop I was amazed to see the variety she has and thrilled with the outfits for Bitty Twins!
this outfit for the little boy is my favorite! The outfits for the little girls are also adorable!
Another thing I really like about this shop is the photos and the variety of dolls she uses to display her outfits.
Sometimes it is hard to imagine what an outfit will look like on a doll like the one you have when it is on a completely different looking doll.

I also love that in her photos you can see the most darling full length doll mirror, I asked Lin about it as it makes for absolutely adorable photos!  She says she found the chairs at Michaels craft shop and her  mirror came from eBay. "The Boutique itself is a vanity that I re purposed". Lin says.What a great addition to doll play it would make in any ones collection.

Lin's shoes start at $5.00 a pair and outfits are mostly under $20!


Lin's mother taught her to sew when I was about nine years old,She made my first Barbie outfit with a "real" pattern and was hooked, it was a jumpsuit from the late sixties that she still has  somewhere. Her mother was a seamstress who made everything from doll clothes to formal gowns and everything in between, but her love was Barbie clothes. Lin made children’s clothes when her children were young, however they outgrew them so quickly...too much time and effort for something worn so little.
When her oldest daughter was about eight when she got her first American Girl doll, Samantha. Lin began making clothes for her and soon friends were asking about clothes for their dolls, that was eighteen years ago. Lin was a stay at home mom, having so much fun making them and yes Lin thinks you can have too many, so she started selling them at craft shows. Her youngest daughter loved baby dolls and when she got the Bitty Baby twins I changed direction completely, Lin  loved the cutsie outfits that I could make for the toddlers. Craft shows were getting to be to much for Lin with a family and that’s when she found eBay. Lin sold there for about six years when her youngest daughter introduced her to Etsy where Lin opened her shop in February 2010. Lin's  children are all grown now and she finds herself gravitating back to the eighteen inch dolls with more of the little girl look. Lin really enjoys the look of little girls from the fifties, very girly.
Lin  does collect dolls herself, these and others. "Seems like I’m always finding another doll that I need“. Says Lin "I’m getting ready to expand my shop and start selling clothes for the ten inch Ann Estelle and friends, little girl dolls." 
I asked Lin about her adorable doll shoes and this is what she said
"Yes, I do make my shoes. Just wanted to add coordinating shoes to my outfits and so with a lot of trial and error I set out to come up with something that worked and would be easy to use. My shoes are made to slip on and the strap in the back holds them secure until you take them off."
Lin's shop photos give a real feel of a  "Boutique" when you shop in her on line store.  http://www.etsy.com/people/LinsBittyBoutique
I really like this store and am looking forward to receiving the shoes I ordered for my dolls from her store. As soon as this postal strike in Canada is over.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment