Friday, June 17, 2011

Exciting gift I got! Vintage brass patio set for my dolls!

My wonderful Avon lady Sandi, brought me a gift, an vintage brass doll sized patio set! Her husband replaced two screws in the chairs making them perfect for a patio set for my dolls, All that was missing was some outdoor chair cushions. I set right to work on them.
I used a dollar store table cloth that I cut to make rectangular cushions for the chairs, I took some measurements and cut out my rectangle. I used cotton batting to create the stuffing and then using my glue gun wrapped the cushion as I would a birthday gift gluing as I went along.
I even had enough left over for a table cloth for the little patio table that it came with! As you can see the dolls are ready for an afternoon tea in their new comfy Patio Chairs.

I am so thankful that Sandi thought of me and they will be put to some great use here with my nieces and will likely appear in many more photos through out the years to come. 
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a message here or email me at  karenmowen@gmail.com 

2 comments:

  1. Hi I got your question. Go to my site (agplayground.weebly.com) and click on the page titled YouStuff. There you will find the thing I made you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress Chrissa is wearing!

    ReplyDelete