Saturday, June 25, 2011

Make a doll shirt out of a Car window decoration!

My sister Bre-Anne found these at the dollar store near where she lives she picked me up ten. I have had the best time turning them into fitted Canada Day t-shirts for my dolls as well as some lucky girls in my area. It is so simple to do and I wanted to share it with you so that you can do the same should you find shirts like this at your dollar store.
First I opened the package and turned the shirt over, I cut it straight up the back.
Next I cut some broadcloth to match and sewed it to the back, one strip for each side and I added some velcro.
 Now my dolls are ready for Canada Day, which is July 1st here in Canada. We celebrate our national holiday in much the same ways as our American neighbors celebrate their July 4th holidays.
I will be taking my boys to our local parade and pancake breakfast, then we will have a family BBQ.

I am posting this early so that perhaps you will have time to find a shirt and make one for your doll!

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi!, i love this idea,I went shopping and bought some, and more! I think you would enjoy my website on thoughts.com! It's all about doll crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me know, how do I find you on thoughts.com?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmie has been needing some tops, maybe this in the perfect thing, I will have to try it! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete