Monday, June 13, 2011

Make your own Summer keepsake Journal!

Today is my sister Bre-Anne's birthday and I want to wish her a very happy one. On my visit to her in April she gave me a bunch of American Girl doll stickers that she picked up for me at Michael's the craft store. They are so nice and hard to come by in Canada as they have not brought the line to our stores, so I was thrilled to receive them and until now did not want to use them.
Summer time is a great time to be a young and off school, I have allot of great summer memories and a great way to keep track of your summer fun is journal ling, now you do not have to keep it as a diary of secrets or even just a scrap book in fact a summer keepsake journal is just that a keepsake. It is small enough to stick in your bag or back back for doodling in the car, great to take on adventures and trips, also great for keeping busy in a restaurant while waiting for a delicious meal! You can write your ideas and dreams inside, draw, press flowers in, tape photos in or postcards of your travels. It is up to you, you can decorate it anyway you want.
I bought my journal at my local dollar store they had so many different note books it was hard to choose just one. Maybe you want to make one for your best friend or sister or perhaps just for yourself.
This is how mine turned out, if you can not see it clearly it says Adventure begins with me, My summer fun book, Friends, family and fun, sun, sand, day trips & more
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool! I've always thought those stickers were so cute, but I didn't know how I'd use them. Thanks for the idea! :)

    Hannah

    http://hannahherself.com/

    ReplyDelete