Sunday, June 19, 2011

Re-purpose a cupcake stand as a Doll sized Cake Stand

I love to re-purpose items from everyday life into doll play items almost as much as I love tea parties! I found this great cupcake stand at a store called Mingwo in my local mall it is a kitchen store that has a cake decorating and baking section. I got mine on sale for $4.50 and love that I can use it for both purposes.
I have been looking for a doll sized cake stand for a while now and loved this one. The store had them in different styles and colors. I loved the pink one but they had  green one I may go back for that I loved equally.

Pair this with some doll food I made, and my favorite tea set and voila instant tea party!
I have thought of how to make my own doll cake stand and will share that in a later post when I find all the materials I need.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. This is cute, but I don't think I've ever seen a ceramic cupcake stand before. We're big on tea parties, so I'll have to keep my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly posh!
    ...and for pennies...I like that...every girl
    deserves a childhood full of play & tea parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me while I go off and rant... this is amazing!Reminds me of http://www.necessaryextras.com/Food/917BC.html and http://www.necessaryextras.com/Food/992BC.html.
    Did you use the erasers for your references? Anyways... AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete