Thursday, July 7, 2011

Great full piece swim suits for American Girl dolls

I came across another Etsy shop I would like to share with you that carries adorable full piece swim suits for 18 inch dolls. The shop I found was Barbara's on Etsy called http://www.etsy.com/people/BarbarasClassics
Reasonably priced her swim suits at only $8 and includes hand made flip flops.
I make my own two piece suits for my dolls and have yet to make a full piece suit. I do not have a serger sewing machine and do not have allot of experience sewing stretchy material. However Barbra of BarbarsClassics does and she offers her suits at an exceptional price.
I was drawn to these suits because of their age appropriateness and fun colors
Another item that caught my eye in Barbara's shop was the ballet outfit she has for sale
Outfit includes the tutu, dance leotard and handmade ballet slippers with ties. Only $14 is a great deal for the ballerina in your life.
Barbara tells me she has many more outfits made but is so busy she has not had time to post them all. I asked her about her store and she shared with me about both her store and her sewing history. Here is what Barbara said
"I work full-time as a Radio-logic Technologist and sew in the evenings/weekends. I pretty much work on items, year-round. Selling at local craft shows in the fall/winter, and on Etsy throughout the year.
I've been sewing for over 40 years, having learned the basics in 4-H and making my own clothes by Junior High School!
I have been doing local craft shows for many years and progressed from crafty items to Cabbage Patch Doll clothes to American Girl Doll Clothes.
I've been making AG doll clothes for at least 15 years. I have grown nieces that were into the dolls.
I inherited a Baby Lok Serger about 1992 and a friend showed me how to work it....sure makes a difference in the finished product!
I enjoy making all the outfits, specially the ball gowns and bathing suits. They both sell well. My Ball gown is sort of a Princess Ball Gown, with shoes and bathing suit with matching flip-flops.
I also  make a three piece jumper set. Blouse & petticoat made from eyelet with a seasonal print jumper. These sell real well, because I sell separate jumpers to switch out at different occasions." I am so thankful that Barbara took the time to share with us about her sewing back ground and the wonderful and affordable items in her shop.
Barbara  has more then just swim suits and ballet suits available in her shop I recommend checking it out at http://www.etsy.com/people/BarbarasClassics
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a message here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment