Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th! Happy Independence day!

Not being an American I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a patriotic craft to honor my many American Friends, Family members and Followers, that would be Doll appropriate for such an important holiday.
Here is what I came up with. An easy and inexpensive way to dress up an existing RED WHITE AND BLUE outfit for your doll is to make really easy hair bows.
All you need is Red, White and Blue Ribbons, some hair elastics like the dollar store gem ones I get 300 in a package at a time, and a pair of scissors.
Step one pick your ribbons give yourself lots of length as you will be folding the ribbons in half length wise to thread through the elastic.
Use your index finger to help you guide the ribbon through the elastic
Pull down on the ribbon loop you made and thread the ribbon through the hole.
 Pull tightly on the ribbon tails
Tie a bow
Trim the edges to the desired length and then you are ready to style your dolls hair.
You can make these bows in any and all colors to match your outfits. So start using the saved ribbon or bits of ribbon you have laying around to create hair accessories for your doll.
Have a safe and wonderful July 4th Holiday with your loved ones . As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com
 Happy Fourth of July!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, we use that same tiny pool for Lotte ;-) as always, love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made one for my dolls and I love it!! I love all your crafts!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for letting me know Priya! I am so happy to hear this!

    ReplyDelete