Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fun foam Masquerade Ball Masks

A friend of mine who has a great Etsy shop called Sew Crazy Army Wife came up with these adorable masks for her  daughters birthday party as one of the crafts and she shared it with me so I can share it with all of you.
Using fun foam, glitter glue,stick on gems and ribbons you can create your own for your dolls. First make a pattern out of white paper and once you have your shape, you will need to figure out where the eyes should go. Once you have a pattern you like transfer the pattern to the fun foam and cut it out. Make sure to check the fit of the mask over the eyes before your decorate. Use a hole punch to make the holes to thread your ribbons through.  let it dry and your doll Masquerade Ball Mask is ready to wear!
With your imagination all things are possible! I hope you have fun making these masks for your dolls.
I want to thank Eva of Sew Crazy Army Wife for sharing her craft with us today! I hope you will drop by and check out the hand sewn dresses in her shop. I have a few of these beautifully made dresses and they are modeled on some of my dolls both here on my blog and in posts I have done on www.dolldiaries.com
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. That's a fabulous shape and I really like the decorations.

    ReplyDelete