Monday, October 17, 2011

A Halloween Costume Swap I did through Swap-bot


One of the hobbies I enjoy is Swapping Mail and crafts on a site called Swap-bot. I have a group on there for crafter's who love our dolls and we make and swap outfits and accessories and trade with our partners through the mail.
I organized a swap for a Halloween Costume or outfit swap and thought I would share with you the outfit I made my partner and also the outfit I received. But it has not arrived yet!


I used a pattern I bought from Liberty Jane Pattern called Heritiage Doll Fashions Colorblock and Corsage Dress .

As I have only been sewing for about a year, I did find the dress a bit challenging but will absolutely use it again and again, Christmas is coming after all and practice makes perfect. The pattern was only $3.99 and I bought the material to make my Halloween dress in the clearance section of my fabric store for $5 for 2 meters.
Lots left over to make many more outfits with it for many Halloween's to come.

I also made the hat with out a pattern and traced my side plate from the kitchen to make the brim and cone of the hat, I finished it with black seam binding and loved how it turned out.I used  some gold tulle to make a bow and some brown tulle netting to make a ribbon on the brim.
 This outfit was hard to part with but I know my partner was thrilled with it. I can not wait for my next swap outfit, making and sending them is as much fun as receiving them!

The partner I sent to had a different partner, Carol is a fantastic seamstress and she made her partner this adorable outfit, I love beyond words!
Her partner is so lucky! Thank you so much to Carol for sending me the photo to use in the post today!
Carol did send me this very outfit and I am so happy to have it!
As with All my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment