Friday, October 28, 2011

How to make your doll a belt! Guest Post from Dacia of Mini Me Dolly Diva's


Today I bring you a guest post from the amazing designer of Mini Me Dolly Diva's
Dacia shared with me how to make these amazing belts for your doll and has agreed to share her expertise with all of you!
I am so excited because this is a craft I have so wanted to learn to do and Dacia makes it so easy!
Using simple items you can get at your craft store you too can make belts for your doll.
Feed your ribbon through the buckle
Hand sew or glue the ribbon end.
Then your belt is ready!
How cool is that!
Now making a ring style,
Glue the ribbon down with both rings through

I can not thank Dacia enough for sharing her photos and work with us today, I can not wait to make my own and I would love to hear from you if you give this craft a try!

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE SLIDDERS AND CAN NOT FIND THEM I DO HAVE A SUPPLY IN MY ETSY SHOP 
Remember to visit Dacia's Etsy shop at Mini Me Dolly Diva's
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. I love this tutorial! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you used some fusible interfacing between two pieces of ribbon, it would give your belt much more body and the back would look finished as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you. pretty cool idea

    ReplyDelete