Thursday, October 27, 2011

Make your own Doll Glasses

Megan in Calgary Albert sent me an email explaining that her daughters doll Molly's glasses have gone missing and could I please show a craft on how to make doll glasses. So here is what I came up with.
Using pipe cleaners from the dollar store I made a few fun pairs for my dolls
Twist two pipe cleaners together at the ends. Beside the twist you made in the two pipe cleaners make a loop for the Lens part of the glasses. Twist the pipe cleaner end through the lens part three times and then on the third time bend the pipe cleaner end back to create the glasses Temple or the arms of the glasses.
Repeat the  same steps on the other side.
Then measure the glasses on your doll and run the temples along her face and bend over her ears. Remove the glasses and trim the ends.
I had to make my first pair a few times to get the sizes right but once you get the hang of it you can make several pairs!
I  recommend the wonderful glasses that American Girl sells, I love the purple plastic ones I bought on my last trip but if you can not find your way to the store you can also find some cute plastic ones at  Micheal's the craft store put out but the Springfield Doll collection for under $8

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Did not know that Michaels sells glasses :) My daughter wants one for her Kanani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Wendi, if you can not find them let me know!
    I would be happy to help you find some.

    ReplyDelete