Saturday, October 29, 2011

Meet Libby of Liberty Jane Fame!

Today I wanted to bring you an interview with a truly remarkable young lady. Miss Libby, of Liberty Jane Fame. She is a American Girl Doll lover, Blogger, Movie maker and Etsy shop owner. Sharing with us today a behind the scene look at her work and life. 
This is the Interview and un edited  answers Libby shared with me...
Q: When did you open your Etsy Shop?
A: December 2010


Q:What items do you sell in your Etsy shop?

A""I mostly sell AG items, hand made clothes and some accessories like earrings and posters. I'm going to list some Pullip items soon! I also have a new category for my older sister's new brand Angry Penguins she makes really cute doll purses."


Q: Do you make all your own items to sell?
A:"Yes, except for the shoes when I sell outfits."

Q: When did you start sewing?
A: "Ummmm.... I think around the age of 7 or so. I would make up my own styles and hand sew the outfits. This past year I have started to use patterns (from Liberty Jane Patterns) and sew the outfits on a sewing machine. It's been a lot of fun!"

Q:The Autographed doll postcards in your shop are really neat, how did you get the idea to make and sell these?
A: "I saw the idea from some other girls that I know online, Girl of the year Studios and Kittzykk, and thought it would be fun to make a few to sell."

Q: What is your favorite thing to make for dolls?
A: "I like to make t-shirts and skirts."

Q:How many American Girl dolls do you have?
A: "I have 5 AG dolls - Kanani, Chrissa, Nicolette(#55), Juliet (custom Molly), and one that has been customized several different ways - currently it's a boy doll named Aiden. My older sister has 3 Ag dolls - Mia, Aspen(#30), and Leah(#28)."

Q: Which is your favorite American Girl of all times?
A: "Sonali, but I don't have her yet... I may try to save up for her, but right now she's pretty expensive because she's retired"

Q:What do you wish you could make but have not tried yet?
A:" The Oxford Square Coat or the Sofia Jacket. They both seem pretty complicated, but I might try one of them soon"

Q: What projects are you working on now?
A: "I have seen a lot of AG dolls for sale on ebay and craigslist that need some TLC, so I decided to start a doing doll rescue/makeover's. I have my first one just about ready and will put her up for sale soon. She's a Molly doll and I have cleaned her up and she has a blond wig just like my custom Molly (used to be Rosali in my youtube movies, but now her name is Juliet). I'll auction her on my mom's ebay store (LJC) and put up an ad on Dollabee too!"

"I also just made a Harajuku Skirt for my self, with a little help from my mom. It is so cute! My friends at school can't believe that we made it. I am going to make more of them in different colors too."

Q:Do you have any idea what you would like to be when you get older?
A:Right now I want to be an eye doctor, author, or a fashion designer. My mom says that these things change frequently, that's why I said "right now" :)


Q: What do you want people to know about you?
A:I like to be silly and goofy with my friends. I've lost 12 teeth, so far. My favorite food is pasta. My favorite color is periwinkle. I love to read, I just finished reading the Artemis Fowl Series - it was amazing! I'll be 10 on October 10th, Whoo Hoo, double digits!! I would love to go to Africa and help out at the school for orphans that we help support, (you can check out more at www.sewpowerful.org ). My dad has been there and tells me stories but I really want to go there myself, maybe even live there for a while. I love to play soccer! My team name is Extreme Chaos, my favorite position is defender, but forward is good too because that's where you can score a goal! 
Listed below are links to Libby's  on line Adventures 


ModDollbyLiberty on Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ModDollbyLiberty
I hope you will visit all of Libby's great on line adventures!
Thank you Libby for sharing your story with us, you are a very inspiring person!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com  

3 comments:

  1. CUTE! Libby, you are so awesome :) Keep up the great sewing and designing! :D And thanks Karen for posting this! :D
    -charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete