Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Four generations of crafters working together to bring you Honey Creek Crafts

Honey Creek Crafts opened their shop last January after reading about Etsy in Readers Digest.  Since then they have listed more then 200 items made by this family team!
From Flip chairs to clothing items for 18 inch dolls this shop has it all. Reasonably priced at $6.50-$40.00 there is something for every ones holiday budget.

My favorite items have to be the flip chairs.
I love the designs and styles available and priced at $20.50 a great deal.


I love this holiday skating dress for under $25 the fur trimmed skates come with the outfit!
Every doll lover waiting to hear about the next doll of the year is sure to be excited to see this. 2012 is an Olympic year and here is a great way to add to your doll play collection and cheer on your team.
 If you are a soccer lover you have to take a look at this shoes included!

Carrie of Honey Creek Crafts tells me
"We've been in craft fairs as long as I can remember. My Grandma(Ella) and Mom(Carol) when I was just a baby. My Grandma used to knit baby things. She'll be 90 in March but with her arthritis, she's given it up. My Mom used to crochet, sew, cross stitch, needlepoint, growing and painting gourds and painting country crafts. My Mom is one of those people that excel at any art or craft she tries. I learned to crochet when I was 9 years old. I mostly crochet for babies. My Mom was in a craft fair years ago with her painting and saw someone had a booth with handmade clothes to fit American Girl and they seemed to be doing pretty good business. Up until then we didn't even know what American Girl was. So Mom bought a few patterns and started sewing doll clothes. She's been sewing clothes to fit American Girl for about 7 years now. The same time she started sewing, she started collecting the dolls and she now has the entire collection of the historical dolls. I've recently started designing my own patterns for crochet sweaters and hats to fit the dolls, some of which are in our etsy shop. My 11 year old daughter(Kayla) makes jewelry for the dolls. I also use the stories of the historical dolls for my daughters history lessons for her homeschooling to make it more fun."

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 
I hope you will check out Honey Creek Crafts

1 comment: