Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Make your own doll sized Christmas Crackers

One of my favorite holiday memories growing up was having Christmas Crackers, the prize inside, the silly joke and of course the hat.
I thought it would be fun to make a doll size one (less the popper I can not find them) they are easy to make and fun to put a small item you have made, like the bracelet I used. Here is how I made mine.
you need a toilet paper tube. Cut it open and make it smaller by half to make it doll size, then tape it in place.

here is what I put in mine.
Next I rolled it all up and put it in the tube.
After that I cut a piece of scrap book paper though you could use wrapping paper and cut it to 6 inches X 4 inches. Then rolled it around the tube and taped it in place.
 I love how this turned out. I hope you did too!

Tomorrow's post will show you how to make the hats.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, I love crackers! I've made one before too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean crackers.That pop thingy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes though these do not pop, but you have the idea.

    ReplyDelete