Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday dress swap I did on Swap-bot and my sewing history

This holiday season in my Swap-bot American Girl Doll group I sponsored a holiday wear doll clothes swap. I created my partner a holiday dress out of my favorite traditional Christmas patterns.  I prefer to make dresses with out sleeves and I love my shrug pattern so you will see it in my Etsy shop and in lots of swaps I do.
I also attached a small Christmas charm on the front of the dress. I had so much fun making this outfit.


 (Shirt and belt I made from a Liberty Jane Pattern)

Now for those of you who are new to my blog or do not know, I only started my adventure with sewing for American Girl dolls in October 2010. I started sewing for my nieces, doll outfits for Christmas gifts. The first thing I started to sew was a simple skirt. By December 20, 2010 I bought my first Liberty Jane shirt pattern and I have been sewing weekly since.If you are new to sewing and are looking for affordable, easy to follow and sew patterns I highly recommend the patterns offered on Liberty Jane's Pattern site.  I am amazed at how much better I am at sewing.Practice really does help build confidence.  I am now even reviewing new patterns before designers list them if you had told me last year what I would be doing now I would never have believed you.What a difference a year makes. Liberty Jane's pattern site also has free patterns to get started with.
 This is a shirt I made from a pattern on Liberty Jane.
  I am so happy to have the opportunity to share my journey with you, share with you fun things I have found and made for doll play. Thank you for taking the time to read my post today.
As with all my comments I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment