Monday, December 19, 2011

Homemade Christmas Gift My son and I made his friend

I had a great time making my son's friend Elora her Christmas gift this year. My son Nicholas who is almost 11 helped me stuff the chair's I made from the great pattern Liberty Jane offers designed by Doll Tag Design called  the Square Chair.
We made Elora two Chairs using supplies we had on hand and we bought a ready made wood stool from Micheal's the Craft store which Nicholas sanded and painted.
The pattern was $3.99, the stool "table" was $3.99 with my discount coupon and we used material I had on hand which was $1.97 a meter, We also used a half a bag of poly-stuffing. With out spending a lot of money I think we made a pretty nice gift. The best part is we had fun making it together.
I am also happy to have gotten a china tea set from the dollar store for $2.50, which we are also going to give her with this set.
I love making and creating and being able to share that with my son was a wonderful experience.
Next we had to figure out how to wrap our gift to her.

We used a moving box and an entire roll of wrapping paper we made the box re useable though with flaps! We hope her twin brother likes his EB/Game Stop gift card as much we hope Elora will like her gift, though we will have to find a fun way to wrap it!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Very Cute , she is going to love this. I love this. What a special gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how you use this pattern... so exciting to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that chair pattern. You did a great job on the whole gift!

    ReplyDelete