Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lindsey's American Girl Doll house

I love to hear from my readers and when Lindsay sent me a photo of her American Girl doll house I knew I wanted to share it with all of you.
I did a post about Skylar's doll room in June and when Lindsay sent me a photo of hers I knew I just had to share her story and her You tube videos with you.

I asked Lindsey some questions which I will share with you (and I did ask her parents permission first ).
Q:When did you build your doll house?
A:We built it right before Labor Day! We Labored on Labor Day!

Q:Who built it?
A: Me and My mom!

Q:Who's idea was it to build the doll house?  
A:Well, I've always want a house for my dollies, and my mom thought it would be fun if we made one!
Q:How long did it take to make?
A:We had to hand build it and hand paint it, so it took three days!
Q:How many rooms?
A:It has 5 rooms, but it's 4 stores, One of the stories has a divider down the middle. Most of my dolls share a room.
Q:Which is your favorite?
A:Mmmm...I love each one for different reasons. I love My doll's Olivia's room, she likes all the things I like, so her room is probably my favorite!
Q:Which dolls do you have?
A:I got my first doll in 2007, which was Nicki (GOTY 2007), then the following year I got Lindsey (GOTY 2001)for Christmas, then I saved up all my money to buy Olivia (JLY/MAG #23) in 2010. And Christmas I got Molly (HC) & Emily (HC's BF).Lilani(Re-named GOTY2011)
And I saved up for a few months to get Vanessa(MAG #56). I'm now saving up for Marie-Grace & Ceclie! I hope to get Rebecca for my 13th Birthday at the AGPlace in Dallas!
Q:What is your favorite thing to do with your doll house?  
A:I love to play with my friends, with it!

Q:What room do you keep it in?
A:I keep it in my room, there used to be a barbie house there, but we gave it to a really close friend.
Q:How big is it?  
A:It's over 7 feet! 

Lindsey also shared with me how she feels about her dolls and her goals for the future!
 
" I love my American girl dolls, their like my sisters, best friends and daughters all in one. I tell my mom & friends that I'm going to own American Girl! (I'm most likely going to have to buy it for 2.5 Billion!) My love for American girl has grow more & more over this year and yast year, I've met some amazing girls through my youtube! Here's a link to a video that's a tour of my AGDoll House! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FFkBB-RCfg&feature=channel_video_title"
I am so happy to share Lindsey's story with you and if you think you have an American Girl doll story or craft to share with me, get your parents permission first and email me at karenmowen@gmail.com and I just might publish your story next!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

6 comments:

  1. Karen, I wated to wish you a very happy holidays this year. I wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful crafts this year!
    Thanks so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chatty Natalie! Happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a pretty doll house thanks for sharing Karen and I hope you have a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Born American Girl Doll! I hope you have a wonderful holiday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can Karen tell us how much they spent on this?
    RFC @Charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I knew. This was some time ago but I think I remember her saying under $100.

    ReplyDelete