Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Make your doll a pair of fun Reindeer or Moose Antlers!


I have so enjoyed making several pairs of these for my dolls this holiday season. They are so easy to make and such a great pattern from Ardently Admire available on Liberty Jane.com. A great thing about Liberty Jane patterns are that you pay for your pattern and you can instantly down load, print and create!
I purchased this pattern and the review is my own opinion. 

I made these to send to my nieces for their dolls for Christmas. I mail letters once a week the old fashioned way to my nieces who live in Montreal, I was so excited to be able to send these to them.
I bought all my materials for what turned out to be ten pairs of doll sized antlers for under $4!

Michael's the craft store had the felt on 3 for $1. My dollar store had Elastic and pipe cleaners for $1.25. To make the Moose style  you do need almost 1 full piece of 9X13 felt but with practice you maybe able to make your felt go further!
I should mention that my antlers are wider then the original pattern pieces, I made mine a bit thicker as it was easier for me to sew. I still like how they turned out!

This project is a perfect for beginning sewers and master sewers alike. If you can Zig Zag and sew in a line you can make this fun holiday accessory for your dolls.

As with all my posts please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. They turned out cute Karen! I was eyeing that pattern to make for my daughters and never got around to it. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jen, Thanks it is such a great pattern, I would recommend it to anyone it is so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete