Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ask Jillian, Week 6

Dear Jillian, 
 My friends are aloud to walk to the Corner store after school and get a treat, but my mom has never let me go with them.
How do I convince her to let me go with them sometime? 
signed, 
Feeling left out.

Dear Left out,
Sometimes, it is hard to see your friends do something you want to do when you are not allowed. Mom's usually know what is best, however if you really feel you are old enough to go with your friends. It is time to have a talk with your mom. Find out what her concerns are about you going to the store with your friends. It may be important to let your mom know why you feel so strongly about going with your friends.
Sounds to me like you just need to talk this one out! It is always important to see both sides of the story before you make a decision together. It's always a good idea to talk to your parents in a calm manner. Make a list of why you think you should be aloud to go, and remember to present your case with out getting upset. Good luck!
Jillian

2 comments:

  1. Jillian, you offer such great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Left out,
    I had the same problem (only I have an overprotective grandmother). she finally let me go with my friends because I told her when I would be back, and I came back at that time, sometimes before.
    It's all about trust. You have to let her know that she can trust you!

    ReplyDelete