Sunday, June 17, 2012

Custom Made Nascar Outfit for my Dolls, a GREAT birthday Gift I got!

If you know me personally you know that I love NASCAR. I do, I can not explain it to you but for the last 8 year NASCAR has been a huge part of my life. Another large part of my life has to do with all of you and the wonderful world of dolls. Enter my friend and guest blogger Lauren who has become a very dear friend of mine. Now we do not live next door to each other but we live with in an hours drive part of the year and we both share a love of our dolls and it is the love of our dolls that has made us friends. We both share April birthdays and I was so excited when Lauren and I were finally able to get together for tea in Early June. Lauren surprised me with a custom made "Fire Suit" and Custom Made Doll hat in my favorite Drivers team and Colors!
Lauren made me the fire suit but she ordered the hat from an Etsy shop I featured recently called Cape Cod Curiosities you can find the link to the post I wrote about her hats by clicking here.
Lauren Used my Facebook profile photo as the inspiration and contacted Linda at Cape Cod Curiosities and commissioned her to create a matching hat to my own.
 This is my favorite photo my husband has ever taken of me, when we were at a Texas Race in 2010. My first NASCAR race live and My favorite driver Greg Biffle lead the most laps that day. I was also thrilled when I was there to see families at the race with girls and their American Girl Dolls! Which has inspired me in so many ways.
I am so deeply touched and thrilled to receive such a thoughtful and personal gift from such a special person! Thank you so much Lauren. I do not think I could have had a more perfect dolly world friend then you!

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment