Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving


Today is Thanksgiving her in Canada. Canadian Thanksgiving is very similar to our cousins in the USA but we celebrate ours the Second Monday in October rather then the Second to last Thursday in November.
I was so excited to order this Thanksgiving Dress from The Edwardian Girl Etsy shop. It is so well made and a favorite in my doll collection.
This Pilgrim dress is offered from The Edwardian Girl Etsy shop at $23 and is a doll play outfit I highly recommend. Additionally the Edwardian Girl offers some great period costumes for both dolls and children. This is a shop worth checking out.
Offering a modern take on traditional time period fashions for your dolls The Edwardian girl offers outfits for your dolls for under $30. 

So if you are a reader who celebrates Canadian Thanksgiving, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving, and if you are a reader who has Thanksgiving in November, now is the time to pre order your Pilgram Costume for your dolls. You can do so by clicking here. Remember when you shop Etsy you are helping to make a direct difference to the lives of Etsy shop owner operators and their families, supporting cottage industries such as Etsy, really helps to touch lives, which is why I promote Etsy shops with out any cost to shop owners. Getting the word out about wonderfully made handcrafted items is something I am very passionate about. Something I am very thankful to have the opportunity to do.

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I love that Pilgrim dress! I have been eyeing a pattern to make one, but it would probably be simpler to order one from Etsy.

    Do you decorate with Pilgrims and turkeys for Thanksgiving in Canada like we do here in the US? The holidays are going to be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Karen!
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful day with lots of great food and happy times!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jen, We celebrate thanksgiving very much like our American Cousins do, though I usually decorate with Pumpkins and fall colors other then Pilgrims and First Nations people (Indian people)
    I had a wonderful holiday, we even went to the pumpkin patch!
    Thank you all for asking, leaving great comments and for reading my blog,of which I am truly thankful.
    Best wishes,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Pilgram dress! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete