Friday, January 24, 2014

Happy Dance Friday A Madelon Fun Find!

 Madelon shares with us a doll costume she made for her dolls using baby clothes she picked up for her dolls last year, this is a brilliant way you can add to your doll play collection and makes a great dance costume!

"Last year when Saige was the rage, I was inspired by something I called girly cowgirl style, so I looked for baby clothes that had mesh or tulle fabric skirts. Sometimes I would purchase a dress if it had those components. Today, I found a piece of fabric that I had removed from a baby dress last year. Well, it was going to be a long cowgirl skirt. Now it is a dance costume."


"I cut off a few rows of ruffles and heart fabric until I reached the desired length

The hem of my dress became the top, just tie the fabric under the arms

 I tucked a piece of ruffle into the top for sleeves

 The hearts make it Valentine themed too"

 

"This is how long it would have been"

 Be sure to keep your eyes out for fun baby items you can re-purpose into doll play items. Thank you Madelon for this fun dance inspired outfit idea!

As with all our posts we would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com 

1 comment: