Friday, March 20, 2015

A Dolly Neighbor Visit With Karen Of The Dolly Dish




Today we have a dolly neighbor visit with Karen of The Dolly Dish Etsy shop. Karen creates doll size and doll pet sized food and accessories for 18 inch dolls.
KMOT: How did you get started creating items for 18 inch dolls?

TDD: "My oldest was having an AG themed 8th birthday party and I wanted to do something different for party favors.  A few You Tube videos later, we had adorable treats for the dolls' dinner and breakfast the next morning.  Word spread and a business was born.  I encourage everyone to try it.  It is easy and a great way to spend time with your little doll lovers.  For those who are craft challenged, I am glad to help."


KMOT: What are your favorite kinds of Dolls? 

TDD: " I like the JLY dolls.  My youngest has #28 and my oldest has Kit.  They both look like their dolls and I think that adds a level of imagination to their play."
 
 

KMOT: What do you like most about doll play?
 
TDD: "I love that 18" dolls gives the girls the opportunity for wholesome imaginative play.  There are very few outlets for girls today to have good honest play."
 
 

KMOT: What si your favorite things to create for Doll play?
TDD:  " I love making things that are different or encourage girls to take their play in a new direction.  Food is fun, because it is a challenge to make it look real and not cutesy.  I have started making items to decorate doll houses.  Dollhouses for 18" dolls are something I see trending.  I am working on a few pieces to add even more realism to those amazing rooms."
 
 

KMOT: What would you like my readers to know about you and your family? 
TDD: " I am a Buckeye who has transferred to 8 different states for my husband's job.  I currently live in Music City (Nashville) and LOVE IT!  We are getting an AG store in Spring of 2015...I can't wait!  I feel fortunate to have found a way to relate to my girls.  This adventure has been a perfect way to create with my girls and have fun!"
 
Thank you Karen for sharing a behind the scenes look at your Etsy shop! To visit The Dolly Dish on Etsy please click here
Now it is your turn to share your story with us. If you would like to share about yourself, your collection or your shop please email us at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is so neat! I especially like the art set!

    ReplyDelete